Thursday, April 26, 2007

Blue Winged Teal and friends

I stopped by Glacier Ridge Metro Park this morning after checking out a project area for work. Since I had a nice little digital camera with me, I thought I would take some photos, and lucked upon a group of Blue-winged Teal. There also happened to be a Pied-Billed Grebe with them as well.


Besides the ducks, I managed to add a couple birds to my year list while I was there: Barn Swallow and Spotted Sandpiper. I couldn't get any photos of those birds, but did get this handsome Red-winged Blackbird.


Looks like the weather is going to be great for my big bird trip on Saturday to Shawnee State Forest. Should be loaded with neotropical migrants!

1 comment:

Larry said...

I saw my first Blue-winged Teal today. They didn't match waht I had envisioned in my mind.
I've seen Green-winged Teal which matched their name when I saw them for the first time.
Good luck with the migrants!