Thursday, December 6, 2007

My new binoculars have arrived!

I haven't tried them out in birding conditions, but a brief comparison with my old pair does reveal sharper colors and better resolution. They are definitely a little heavier than my Nikon Actions, but I can hold them easily with one hand.

The optics4birding review was dead on about the poor fit for the rainguards - if you prefer a shoulder harness to a neck strap (as I do), you're going to have to be careful not to lose the guards while walking. I may try to attach them with a short chain or something, since I want to keep my lenses protected.

I'll post my birding experiences with them on Monday, as I will be birding all day on Saturday with them.

1 comment:

Lillian Stokes said...

Hi Andy,
So glad you decided on the Stokes Broadwing binoculars, we hope you have years of wonderful birding and lot of life birds with them! The rainguard issue is being addressed, but meanwhile, you can put a small strip of tape (like duct tape) on the inside rim of the rainguard and that gives the rainguard a snug fit.
Best wishes,
Lillian and Don Stokes